Sunday, May 31, 2009

Graduation and trip to Missouri

Last week Brennon graduated from SJHS. He won many honors, choir, National Honor Society, Big Brothers, Physics Boat race, Presidential Scholarship from EAC, and the SRP scholarship. He also got scripture mastery for seminary all four years, there were only four students total to do this. It is the first time I remember someone getting the SRP scholarship without their parent working for SRP. SVU offered him a $33,000 scholarship. He is going to go EAC which will be nice for us we can go and see him, Trent, Adelle and Baby. It was also a treat to have Celeste and Brindi there, they were a great support and a lot of fun. Brindi got to ride the horse, watch the boat race go to two graduations. She is such a good baby we took her everywhere and she never ever cried. She got rained on at the pool field trip, I can't say how much I appreciated them there. Thank you Joe!
Emanuel our forgien exchange student sang at Bac. on Sunday night.
Brennon also sang for graduation, with Lindsey Lefever on the piano singing backup, Richard Robertson on the drums, "Here to Me." It was very nice I wish I could blog it. On Saturday he and Richard played for the Taylor Grand Ole Opry. He sang Grandpa Tell me about the good ole days and an Elvis song in costume.

Next it was off to Hawaii for Brennon, Emanuel, and Richard and Missouri for us. Amber will have to report on their trip and how she survived with three teenage boys. Our trip has been great! We went to the zoo and Arch on Brindi's Birthday. It was also Joe and Celeste's anniversary, but #1 rules. They'll need another night to celebrate. The weather has cooperated and it has only been raining mostly at night. We also go to visit Nauvoo and do a session as the witness couple. We got to visit the Daniel Boone home where Joe works, it is really authenic and very interesting. I went to class with Celeste at Lindenwood University where Joe teaches. We have enjoyed watching Joe and Celeste play soft ball games and cook outs. Missouri is very green and beautiful. Their house is very nice, with a pretty back yard and basement. I am very sad to leave Brindi, since we may not see them until Christmas.

No comments: